Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 8

Day 08 - A book everyone should read at least once

I am not sure if there is one book everyone should read. I think reading is a rather personal thing and it is important to respect everyone’s private taste in books.I know that I am reading a lot of different books from different genres but I also know that there are people out there who love to read only crime fiction or fantasy novels and nothing else.

If I have to recommend one book everyone should read at least once I would pick…Douglas Adams' “A Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy”.


It contains so many known citations and funny episodes that I truly think everyone should read it just to know if this is a book worth discussing. There always was a mega-hype about this book and when the film came out I bought the book read it and after that went to the movies. The film was nothing like the book…again. I know that Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker could be a standard pick with this question but I think, when there is a book so many people talk about years after its publication and years after the author’s death than it is a book worth reading just for the sake of knowing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment