Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 10

Day 10 - A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving

For today’s category I know more than one book.
My first idea was that “Eat Pray Love” by Elizabeth Gilbert fits this description perfectly but I wrote about it on this blog before. So I picked another book. 

It is Anne Fortier’s “Juliet”.


I bought this book because the story takes place in Siena, Tuscany and I love Tuscany. My personal dream would be to have a house there someday. That’s how much I love it. I am one of these people who don’t need a house for a perfect life. It is just not in my life plan. But a house in Tuscany is something different.


It tells the story about Julie Jacob, a young American woman who is faced by the death of her grandmother, who raised her and her sisters after the parent’s death. She discovers that her true name given to her by her paretns is Giulietta. She decides to travel to Italy to discover her mother’s secret. She discovers that she is a family member of the Tolomei’s who is one of the two rivalling families in Siena. The other family are the Salembeni. While travelling through Tuscany and following different clues towards her mother’s secret she is accompanied by Alessandro, a young man who is a Salimbeni. 


The whole story has kind of a spooky character around it and so I wasn’t sure if I would like it but it is a wonderful story and so nice to read.
Especially if you were to Tuscany before and know how the landscape looks and that the places described in the book exist for real. 

No comments:

Post a Comment