Saturday, August 20, 2011

Someting old, something new, something borrowed, something blue


Yes, I have something for every category mentioned above.

As you can see, I updated my blog a bit.
A renewed my design, created a new header and put some new sites up (including one about myself with some information about me). I am pretty sure, this counts as something new.

The something blue category is also easy to fill because I started reading Kate Morton’s “The Distant Hours” and as you can see its cover is blue. 


The book itself is extremely cool and so captivating. I only read about 40 pages but I am soooo into it. On the other hand I am pretty sure it is not the kind of novel I want to read before bed or in the middle of the night when driving home. After I finished reading it I will tell you if it kept its promise to be a wonderful and enjoyable book.

Something borrowed … well … oh, got something. I found the following pictures somewhere on the internet (and I have to say, I am not sure where exactly) and I really want to share them with you because they are so funny. 

The first one is just really hilarious especially in my case. I am a student of English at the University of Vienna and in our literature courses we often need to interpret poems, novels, short stories, etc., basically everything that was ever written by a famous or not so famous author, and I suck at this. I can’t come up with a good interpretation of things because I kind of have this image in my mind that the author sits at his/her desk while writing the story and thinking: “What the heck will all the literature professors and book clubs interpret into this?” I really think they enjoy this part of writing a book the most.

The second picture is just such a wonderful quote by Richard Steele. 


 So and now only the something old part is missing … well, I could tell you that I went to London last week and as always (which mean as in the last 7 years) I bought so many books there because I just needed them. After 4 days I came back with 23 new books and no shelf space for them. I think I will never learn to control my book buying habits.

The good news is, a rearranged my book shelves during this week and found enough space for my new purchases but now there are just two options if I continue buying books.
Option 1: Move out!
Option 2: Move my books to an apartment for themselves!

We’ll see which one will happen or if I will just keep buying more books and trying to put them all onto my shelves until they collapse, which I think is the most likely option.

No comments:

Post a Comment