Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 15

Day 15 - Your "comfort" book

To answer this question I would have to tell you that I don’t have one comfort book. It is more like a series. Yes, I have a comfort series.


My comfort books are the books from Gervase Phinn describing his life as a school inspector in the Yorkshire Dales. I love this series. Gervase Phinn has a wonderful way to describe so that the reader can imagine everything quite easily. When reading it I can see the Yorkshire Dales before me even if I've never been there in my life. 

His series starts when he gets the job as school inspector for English and Drama in North Yorkshire. Gervase gets to know his colleges who are hilarious people and are extremely funny, the secretary Julie who is fighting with Mrs. Savage the personal assistant of Dr. Gore, his chef and he also starts getting an impression about his work life.

Till now the series contain five books.
I can highly recommend this series to everybody. It is wonderfully written and quite an easy read but sometimes it is harder to figure out what the clever little kids mean when talking in Yorkshire dialect.

No comments:

Post a Comment